Supplementary Schools Funding
The Young Ealing Foundation is distributing grant funding to
Supplementary Schools in Ealing on behalf of the John Lyon’s Charity.
This grant funding is available to all supplementary schools based in and whose primary intake is from the London Borough of Ealing. The aim of this fund is to support supplementary schools in offering educational opportunities for children and young people outside of mainstream school provision.
The focus is to raise the attainment of children and young people by providing learning opportunities in core curriculum subjects such as Maths, English, Science and IT.
There is a total of £25,000 per year for three years available as grants. We will consider applications for a maximum of £3,000 per year for three years.
The second and third years’ funding will be dependent on fulfilling agreed
outcomes and meeting the terms of the grant agreement in the previous year.
This can be used to cover costs for most aspects of the supplementary school
such as tutor costs, rent and core costs as well as resources. There are some
restrictions – please see the section on eligibility for these.
What are the eligibility criteria?
– You should be a member of the Young Ealing Foundation and all of your
organisation details and policies must be up to date
– You should also be a member of the National Resource Centre for Supplementary Education (NRCSE) and either hold or be working towards the quality mark
– Applicants must have a bank account in the name of the organisation or group with at least two signatories
– You should work for the benefit of children and young people (0-25) in the
London Borough of Ealing
– You should be a not-for-profit organisation
– You should be ready to start the project activity within 12 weeks of the grant award
What we can’t fund:
– Supplementary school activities which do not cover core curriculum subjects
– Activities for the sole benefit of individuals
– Organisations with no track record of delivery in Ealing
– Funding for projects that have already taken place
– Statutory bodies to fund their normal services or activities (including Schools)
– Overnight school journeys or trips abroad
– General charitable appeals.
– Funding to meet overspend on a project funded elsewhere.
How to apply:
Stage 1: Expressions of interest
In order to submit an expression of interest in applying for a
supplementary school grant, you need to send us an email or letter, ensuring
you cover the following points:
– How much do you want?
– What will you deliver with the money?
– Who are the beneficiaries? How many will you support and how often?
– What do you hope to achieve with the funding?
Expressions of interest are measured against the funding criteria. Those that meet the criteria will progress to the second stage.
Please contact Layla@youngealingfoundation.org.uk for further info.