Youth Mental Health First Aid – Two Day
London, W13 9LA
London Youth Youth Mental Health First Aid – Two Day (West London)
This two day course qualifies you as a Youth Mental Health First Aider. This is training is recommend for frontline youth professionals working directly with young people. Youth Mental Health First Aiders will:
- An in depth understanding of young people’s mental health and factors that affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to reassure and support a young person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help a young person recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s through self-help sites, their place of learning, the NHS, or a mix – engaging with parents, carers and external agencies where appropriate
- Ability to support a young person with a long term mental health issue or disability to thrive
- Tools to look after your own mental wellbeing
You must be available to attend both days for Youth Mental Health First Aid and you can only book a maximum of 2 people per organisation.
Please do not book a place on if you can’t attend both days . We will be running more of this training so please book onto the next one. This training is for only members in Ealing, Hounslow and Hillingdon.
This training is part of our commitment to the #21by21 campaign. One which we are delighted to be an official partner of in championing mental health awareness across the community youth and sport sector to best support young Londoners mental health and wellbeing. You can show your support for the campaign here .
Date: 06 February 2020 – 07 February 2020
Time: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Location: Ealing CVS, 63 Mattock Ln, Ealing, London W13 9LA
Book on via here: