Detached Youth Work Training
The Young Ealing Foundation is pleased to be working with The Federation for Detached Youth Work to deliver 2 training workshops (split across 4 sessions) around Detached, Outreach, Mobile and Streetbased youth work.
You will be expected to commit to all sessions.
These workshops aim to increase participants understanding of this model of youth work that is especially relevant in a time of Covid and easing of lockdown. We will share good practice examples and some guidance on how to plan for the easing of lockdown – with a focus on working in London – and how to re-engage professional relationships with young people and communities you work in.
The sessions will cover the following:
Sessions 1 & 2 : Wednesday 15th July
10.30am – 11.30am & 1.30pm – 2.30pm
What is detached & outreach work?
- Definition of Detached and Outreach youth work
- How to stimulate, challenge & empower young people
- Reconnaissance: Identify areas where young people are
- Risk Assessments
- Health and Safety Checklist
- Engagement : Engage with young people & Identify young people’s own values, issues, needs, ambitions, etc.
Sessions 3 & 4: Wednesday 22nd July 2020
11.30am – 12.30pm & 2.30pm – 3.30pm
- Delivery Design and implement appropriate interventions with young people
- Demographic profile
- Economic profile
- Gaps in services
- Evaluate the work at point of contact
- Social issues in the locality which have impacted on young people
Joining instructions will be sent out to attendees closer to the time.
Please note this training is only for Ealing Based Organisations / Young Ealing Foundation Members and spaces are limited to 2 per organisation.
Book on here.